Comparative Study of Academic Performance of Teachers Trained under Formal and Non-Formal Systems of Teacher Education at Secondary Level in Punjab
The study was designed to compare academic performance of trained teachers under formal and no-formal systems of teacher education at secondary level in Punjab. The study was based on the objectives: (i) to compare the professional skills of the teachers through academic achievement of students and (ii) to check the academic performance of the teachers trained in both systems.
2. Aggarwal, Y. P. (1986). Statistical Methods, Concepts, Application and Computation. Sterling Publishers, New Delhi..pp.L18.
3. Aggarwal, Y. P. (1988). Research in Emerging Fields of Education. Sterling Publishers, New Delhi..pp.L7-18.
4. Ahmed, M. (2001) Identification of Training Needs of Personals Involved in Distance Education [Unpublished M..Phil Thesis, Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad.
5. AIOU (2018) Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad. http://www.aiou.edu.pk Retrieve on 18.05.2016.
6. David AP & Macayan JV (2010) Assessment of teacher performance. In The Assessment Handbook (Vol. 3). Manila: Phillipine Educational Measurement and Evaluation Association. Available at http://www.pemea.org/docs/AH_V3.pdf. Accessed 19 December 2013.
7. Kelsey, D. H. (1993). Whatever Happened to the Doctrine of Sin? Theology Today, 50(2), 169–178. https://doi.org/10.1177/004057369305000202
8. Government of Pakistan, (1977).“Teacher Education in Pakistan”. Ministry of Education. Curriculum Wing. Islamabad.
9. Government of Pakistan. (1998) National Education Policy (1998-2010). Ministry of Education, Islamabad.pp.17-23. and pp.47-65
10. Government of Pakistan.1972, National Education Policy (1972-1980), .Ministry of education, Islamabad, pp.34-43 and P48.
11. Keegan, J. D. (1986) The Foundation of Distance Education. Groom Helm, London. pp.49-50.
12. Ndugu M. M. (2014). Quality and Productivity of Teachers in Selected Public Secondary Schools in Kenya, Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences MCSER Publishing, Rome-Italy Vol 5 No 5 April 2014
13. Punjab School Education Department, Government of Punjab Program Monitoring and Implementation Unit (PMIU) (2014) School Census. http://www.schools.punjab.gov.pk Retrieve on 15.05.2016.
14. Singh, N. (1988) Modernization of Teacher Education, Commonwealth Publisher, New Delhi, P.50.
15. Willy Ngaka (2012) Exploring Formal and Non-formal Education Practices for Integrated and Diverse Learning Environments in Uganda , The International Journal of Diversity in Organizations, Communities and Nations Volume 11, Issue 6, 2012, http://www.Diversity-Journal.com, ISSN 1447-9532
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.