Impact of Dividend per Share and Earnings per Share on Stock Prices: A Case Study from Pakistan (Textile Sector)
The purpose of this study is to investigate the factors which affect the stock prices of Textile composite sector of Pakistan during the period of 2005 to 2014. In the study, the data of 12 textile companies have been used. The advance econometric techniques were used to see the impact of these variables. The impact of earnings and dividend per shares was determined by the using Multiple regression models. The study revealed that dividend per share and earning per share have a positive and significant impact on stock prices. The study further found that positive relationship between dividend and earnings per share.
2. Alroaia, Y., Abadi, H., & Khosravani, A. (2012). Investigation of Price-Earnings Ratio(P/E) and Return on Stock the Case of Tehran Stock Exchange. J. Asian Dev. Stud, vol 1.
3. Dehavi., S., et al. (2011). Fitting the relationship between financial variables ans stock return. International journal of business and social science. Vol. 2 No. 11.
4. Emamgholipour, M., et al. (2013). The Effects of Performance Evaluation Market Ratios on the Stock Return Evidence from the Tehran Stock Exchange. International Research Journal of Applied and Basic Sciences, vol 4.
5. Glezakos., et al. (2012). The impact of accounting information on stock price. International journal of economic and finance. Vol. 4, No. 2.
6. Haque, M., et al. (2013). Financial Variables Having Significant Impact on Market Price of Shares. Research Journal of Finance and Accounting, vol 4.
7. Karami, G., & Talaeei, L. (2012). Predictability of stock returns using financial ratios in the companies listed in Tehran Stock Exchange. International Research Journal of Applied and Basic Science, Vol, 4.
8. Kheradyar, S., Ibrahim, I., Nor, F. (2011). Stock Return Predictability with Financial Ratios. International Journal of Trade, Economics and Finance, vol 2.
9. Khan, M., et al. (2012). Financial Ratios and Stock Return Predictability Evidence from Pakistan. Research Journal of Finance and Accounting, vol 3.
10. Mgbame., & Ikhatua., (2013). Accounting information and stock volatility in nigerian capital market. International review of management and business research. Vol. 2 ssue.1.
11. Nazir., et al. (2011). How dividend policy affects voltality of stock price of financial sector of Pakistan. American journal of scientific research. pp.132-139.
12. Nawaz., et al. (2010). Determinants of Stock Price Volatility in Karachi Stock Exchange. International Research Journal of Finance and Economics. Issue 55 (2010).
13. Olugbenga., et al. (2014). The relationship between financial accounting information and market value. Global journal of contemporary research in accounting, auditing and business ethics. 2014 Vol: 1 Issue 1.
14. Olugbenga, A., & Atanda., O. (2014). Value Relevance of Financial Accounting Information of Quoted Companies in Nigeria: A Trend Analysis. Research Journal of Finance and Accounting, vol 8.
15. Perera., & Thrikawala., (2010). The relevance of accounting information on investor decision. ICBI 2010 university of kelaniya sri lanka.
16. Prabath., & Menike. (2014). Impact of accounting variables on stock price. International journal of business and management. Vol. 9, No. 5; 2014.
17. Shehzad., & Ismail., (2014). Value relevance of accounting information and its impact on stock prices. Journal of economic info. 3(1), 40-48.
18. Vinitha., & Nimalathasa. (2014). Value relevance of accounting information and share price. Merit research journal of business and management. Vol. 2(1) pp. 001-006.
19. Wang, J., et al.(2013) accounting information and stock price reaction of listed companies in shanghai. Journal of business management. Volume 2, Issue 2 (2013), 11-21.
20. Zeytinoğlu, E., et al., (2012). The Impact of Market-Based Ratios on Stock Returns: The Evidence from Insurance Sector in Turkey. International Research Journal of Finance and Economics.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.