IPCA’s Student Entrepreneurial Profile from the 6th Edition of Master on Bussiness Organizational Management
The success of small and medium enterprises largely depends on the human capital of their entrepreneurs. Many authors and researchers defend that the success of an entrepreneur is correlated to his profile, but there is no consensus about the degree among various characteristics inherent to an entrepreneur. The present study is based on primary data collected directly from 15 Master’s degree students on Business Organizational Management in the Polytechnic Institute of Cávado and Ave (IPCA), Portugal, during 2014/2015. Descriptive statistic was used to summarize the data and present a simple model to evaluate entrepreneurial profile of students and highlight strategy to (re)define curricula.
2. Barro, R., & Sala-i-Martin, X. (1997). Technological Diffusion, Convergence, and Growth. Journal of Economic Growth, 2, 1-27.
3. Blanchflower, D., & Oswald, A. (1998). What Makes an Entrepreneur? Journal of Labor Economics, 16(1), 26-60.
4. Bleaney, M., & Nishiyama, A. (2002). Explaining Growth: A Contest between Models. Journal of Economic Growth, 7(1), 43-56.
5. Carree, M., & Thurik, A. (2003). The Impact of Entrepreneurship on Economic Growth. Em D. B. Zoltan J. Acs, Handbook of Entrepreneurship Research. An Interdisciplinary Survey and Introduction (pp. 437-471).
6. Chavez, J. (2016). The Personality Characteristics of an Entrepreneur and Their Effects on the Performance of a New Business Venture. Helsinki Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, European Management, Bachelor’s Thesis.
7. IAPMEI. (2016). Guia Prático do Empreendedor. Lisboa, Portugal: IPAMEI.
8. K.R.G. Nair, A. (2006). Characteristics of Entrepreneurs: An Empirical Analysis. The Journal of Entrepreneurship, 15:1, 47 - 61.
9. Korent, D., Vuković , K., & Ruža, B. (2015). Entrepreneurial activity and regional development. Economic Research-Ekonomska Istraživanja, 28(1), 939-958.
10. Lazenby, J., & Machaba, R. (2011). A Descriptive analysis of Gauteng Entrepreneurs with respect to the old Debate of whether entrepreneurship is an inborn quality or can be learnt. International Journal of Business and Social Science, 2:21, Special Issue – November 2011.
11. McCLELLAND, D. (1987). Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneursvior. The Journal of Creative Behavior, 21: 219–233. doi:10.1002/j.2162-6057.1987.tb00479.x
12. Pinchot, G. (1985). Intrapreneuring: Why you don't have to leave the corporation to become an entrepreneur. New York: Harper & Row. New York: Harper & Row.
13. Sarwoko, E., Surachman, Armanu, & Hadiwidjojo, D. (2013). Entrepreneurial Characteristics and Competency as Determinants of Business Performance in SMEs. IOSR Journal of Business and Management (IOSR-JBM), 7:2, 31-38.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.