Suppliers’ Integration – Associated Challenges And Future Direction
The contemporary organizations are facing lots of challenges from different sides, and organizations are trying various ways to overcome those obstacles. One such thing is the supplier relationship management. There are various benefits that an organization can attain from partnering and integrating with its suppliers yet this area has to be developed further so that organization can take advantage of this. The purpose of this research was to evaluate challenges associated with the integration of an organization with its suppliers. For this purpose, the researcher used two-fold strategy, which included a review of the literature and a personal reflection on the selected topic. The findings of research revealed some challenges including different types of organizational systems, different priorities, issue of trust and secrecy, different level of the supply chain, etc. Future researchers should evaluate this issue keeping in mind soft organizational factors such as employee motivation, loyalty, commitment, etc.
2. Chen, Y.-J. (2011) 'Structured methodology for supplier selection and evaluation in a supply chain,' Information Sciences, 181(9), pp. 1651-1670.
3. Christopher, M. and Ryals, L. J. (2014) 'The Supply Chain Becomes the Demand Chain,' Journal of Business Logistics, 35(1), pp. 29-35.
4. Davila, T. (2000) 'An empirical study on the drivers of management control systems' design in new product development,' Accounting, organizations and society, 25(4), pp. 383-409.
5. Dey, M., Houseman, S. N. and Polivka, A. E. (2012) 'Manufacturers' Outsourcing to Staffing Services,' Indus. & Lab. Rel. Rev., 65, pp. 533.
6. Engadget (2014) Bigger and better, but with stiffer competition [Online]. Retrieved from: http://www.engadget.com/products/apple/iphone/6/ [Accessed 2 August 2015].
7. Fawcett, S. E., Ellram, L., and Ogden, J. A. (2014) Supply Chain Management: From Vision to implementation Integrative Approach. Pearson Higher Ed.
8. Forslund, H. and Jonsson, P. (2007) 'Dyadic integration of the performance management process: a delivery service case study,' International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 37(7), pp. 546-567.
9. Jia, P., Govindan, K., Choi, T.-M. And Rajendran, S. (2015) 'Supplier Selection Problems in Fashion Business Operations with Sustainability Considerations,' Sustainability, 7(2), pp. 1603-1619.
10. Li, H., Yang, M. and Tamai, Y. (2014) 'Efficiency and productivity of China's outsourcing industry,' Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 6(4), pp. 493-497.
11. Liao, K., Marsillac, E., Johnson, E. and Liao, Y. (2011) 'Global supply chain adaptations to improve financial performance: Supply base establishment and logistics integration,' Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, 22(2), pp. 204-222.
12. Lowman, M., Trott, P., Hoecht, A. and Sellam, Z. (2012) 'Innovation risks of outsourcing in pharmaceutical new product development,' Technovation, 32(2), pp. 99-109.
13. McCarthy, I. P., Silvestre, B. S. and Kietzmann, J. H. (2013) 'Understanding outsourcing contexts through information asymmetry and capability fit,' Production planning & control, 24(4-5), pp. 277-283.
14. Mohsen, B. and Laadjal, A. (2015) 'The strategic choices of small, medium-sized enterprises integration: evidence from a specific economic territory,' Acta Universitatis Danubius. Œconomica, 11(2).
15. Porter, M. E. (2008) Competitive advantage: Creating and sustaining superior performance. Simon and Schuster.
16. Prajogo, D. and Olhager, J. (2012) 'Supply chain integration and performance: The effects of long-term relationships, information technology, and sharing, and logistics integration,' International Journal of Production Economics, 135(1), pp. 514-522.
17. Quinn, J. B., and Strategy, E. S. (2013) 'Strategic outsourcing: leveraging knowledge capabilities,' Image.
18. Roh, J., Hong, P. and Min, H. (2014) 'Implementation of a responsive supply chain strategy in global complexity: The case of manufacturing firms', International Journal of Production Economics, 147, pp. 198-210.
19. Scheer, L. K., Miao, C. F. and Garrett, J. (2010) 'The effects of supplier capabilities on industrial customers' loyalty: the role of dependence,' Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 38(1), pp. 90-104.
20. Stefan Schaltegger, P. R. B. D., Bai, C. and Sarkis, J. (2014) 'Determining and applying sustainable supplier key performance indicators,' Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 19(3), pp. 275-291.
21. Teo, T. S. H., and Bhattacherjee, A. (2014) 'Knowledge transfer and utilization in IT outsourcing partnerships: A preliminary model of antecedents and outcomes,' Information & Management, 51(2), pp. 177-186.
22. Turker, D. and Altuntas, C. (2014) 'Sustainable supply chain management in the fast fashion industry: An analysis of corporate reports,' European Management Journal, 61(1), pp. 89-96.
23. Wheelen, T. L., Hunger, J. D., Hoffman, A. N. and Bamford, C. E. (2015) Strategic Management and Business Policy: Globalization, Innovation, and Sustainability: Global Edition. Pearson Higher Ed.
24. Wisner, J., Tan, K.-C. And Leong, G. (2015) Principles of supply chain management: a balanced approach. Cengage Learning.
25. Yusuf, Y. Y., Gunasekaran, A., Musa, A., Dauda, M., El-Berishy, N. M. and Cang, S. (2014) 'A relational study of supply chain agility, competitiveness and business performance in the oil and gas industry,' International Journal of Production Economics, 147, pp. 531-543.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.