The Pagah Praya Struggle Inside the Rebellion of Praya Community: A Historical and Anthropological Review
Babad Praya recounts the story of the Sasak tribal leaders’ rebellion located in Praya, the Island of Lombok against the Balinese ruler, who was Anak Agung Ngurah Aji, the descendants of Karang Asem Bali. It was caused primarily by a problem leading the people into the state of depression in many respects, especially overloaded tax burden. In Lombok, the cultural climate was more oriented to religio-magical circumstances, like their belief in amulets which can bring them greatness and invincible. The belief in magical powers was a strong culture mostly adopted by rural society. In the case of insurrection embodied in the Babad Praya, the consciousness of Praya's religious states emerged in the form of life survival. The soul in the view of Islam was one among the five things deserved to be guaranteed and must be protected in addition to religion, property, reason, and self-esteem
2. Abdullah, Taufik. (1979). Sejarah Lokal Indonesia. Yogyakarta: Gadjah Mada Press.
3. Arsip Desa Peneda Gandor, retrieved from July 5th, 2018, p. 3.
4. Budiman, Arif. (1991). “Dari Patriotisme Ayam dan Itik Sampai ke Sosiologi Pengetahuan: Sebuah Pengantar”, cited in Karl Mannheim, Ideologi dan Utopia: Menyingkap Kaitan Pikiran dan Politik, A Translated version by F. Budi Hardiman. Yogyakarta: Kanisius, p,xviii
5. Campbell, Tom. (1994). Tujuh Teori Sosial, Sekte, Penilaian, Perbandingan, ter. F. Budi Hardiman. Yogyakarta: Kanisius.
6. Gottaschalk, Louis. (1985). Mengerti Sejarah, A Translation by Nugroho Notosusanto. Jakarta: UI Press
7. Kartodirjo, Sartono (ed.). (1977). Sejarah Nasional Indonesia, Jilid IV (Jakarta: Balai Pustaka
8. Kartodirjo, Sartono. (1987). Kebudayaan Pembangunan Dalam Perspektif Sejarah. Yogyakarta: Gadjah Mada Press
9. van Bruinessen, Martin. (1996). Tarekat Naqsabandiyah di Indonesia. Bandung: Mizan
10. Wacana, Lalu. (1979),Sejarah Nusa Tenggara Barat. Mataram: Proyek IDSN, pp. 37-8.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.