State of Transgender: A Case of District Rawalpindi
This research paper identifies and describes the state of transgender and how they are surviving in this society. In this world, Pakistan is the second largest Islamic state. Islam has given equal rights to everyone. Through electronic and print media, we found that being an Islamic state; still transgender is neglected by the government and the local society. In general, they are usually associated with dancing, prostitution, and begging. To identify the state of transgender’s in district Rawalpindi, a quantitative and qualitative survey has been conducted. A sample of 60 respondents was taken in district Rawalpindi. To dig the hole deeper, existing literature on the topics was thoroughly reviewed. The questionnaire was prepared in the light of research objectives for data collection. Suitability of the questionnaire was examined through its pretesting on the ten respondents Interviewing with questionnaire schedule was used as a tool to collect data. Finally, through SPSS (statically package for social sciences) was used for data analysis.
2. Dawn 2018, Transgender voting rights, can be accessible at https://www.dawn.com/news/1389871
3. Raza 2017, Transgender Community in Pakistan, available at http://pakteahouse.net/2017/01/16/transgender-community-in-pakistan/
4. Yumna Fiaz (2017) Times of Pakistan, problems faced by transgenders in Pakistan, available at http://timesofpakistan.pk/opinion/2017-02-02/problems-faced-by-transgender-pakistan/104437/retrived on 10-02-2018
5. Aurat foundation, a research study Silent No More Transgender Community in Pakistan
6. Sabrina (2018) Pakistan's transgender community takes another step forward
7. Mahwish Akhtar (2016), Transgenders problems in Pakistan, News Pakistan available at https://www.newspakistan.tv/transgender-in-pakistan-by-mahwish-akhtar-jinnah-university-for-women/, retrieved on 211-2018
8. Murtaza 2017, Transgender Rights Protection Bill 2017 presented Before The Senate, available at https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2017/07/10/transgender-rights-protection-bill-2017-presented-before-the-senate/
9. Human Rights and Transgender People in Pakistan, international gay and lesbian human rights commission, human rights for everyone everywhere
10. Samuel (2018) Independent, Pakistan passes law guaranteeing transgender rights Law bans discrimination and harassment of transgender people, available at https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/pakistan-transgender-rights-lgbt-national-assembly-law-drivers-license-passport-a8343321.html
11. Hamiz 2018, Pakistan Passes Landmark Transgender Rights Law, available at https://propakistani.pk/2018/05/10/pakistan-passes-landmark-transgender-rights-law/
12. Dawn, transgenders rights, 2018, available at https://www.dawn.com/news/1350646
13. The Guardian, Pakistan transgender leader calls for end to culture of 'gurus'.
14. Interview with Zamree 3 April, 2018, Rehman Abad, Rawalpindi
15. Interview with Bejili, 5 April, 2018 Rehman Abad, Rawalpindi
16. Interview with Lina, 5 April, 2018 Rehman Abad, Rawalpindi
17. Interview with Chimachi, 9 May, 2018 Sadar, Rawalpindi
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.