Obstacles in research for new Scholars: Problems in Research for new students enrolled in M.Phil
This research is formulated to look for problems faced by young researchers with limited resources for research in hand. Few and insufficient researches in research area are the cause of ineffective research which also shows the flaws in system. The faults in the system causing barriers for young researchers have been identified and some approximate ways and appropriate suggestions are recommended to resolve them. Moreover, the present paper highlights the problems faced by new researchers such as limited resources, lack of knowledge, no platform, inaccessible educational resources, etc. The study also discusses the lacking in infrastructure and facilities provided to scholars. This research also points out the causes for which most of the new scholars are discouraged when they have observed that their supervisors are not interested and non-serious in solving their problems in research and studies.
2. Educational Researcher, Vol. 32, No. 4, pp. 13–22
3. Stephen M.Corey.. “Educational Research and solutions of practical problems”
4. Educational Leadership, pp.480
5. Ameer, N. K.. Energy Crisis in Pakistan: Causes and Consequences. Abasyn Journal of Social Sciences. (2013), 4.2, 22-8.
6. Buttery, E. A., Richter, E. M., & Leal Filho, W. “An overview of the elements that influence efficiency in postgraduate supervisory practice arrangements.” International Journal of Educational Management, (2005), 19.1, 7-26.
7. Cepeda, G., & Martin, D. “A review of case studies publishing in Management Decision: Guides and criteria for achieving quality in qualitative research.” Management Decision, (2005), 43.6, 85 1-6.
8. Dann, S. “Applying services marketing principles to postgraduate supervision.” Quality Assurance in Education, (2008), 16.4, 333-6.
9. Grabbe, L. L. “The trials of being a PhD external examiner.” Quality Assurance in Education, (2003), 11.2, 128-133.
10. Haider, S. J., & Mahmood, K. “MPhil and PhD library and information science research in Pakistan: an evaluation.” Library Review, (2007), 56.5, 407-7.
11. Hoffer, E. “A Path Forward: Conserving Protected Areas in the Context of Global Environmental Change.” Beyond Naturalness: Rethinking Park and Wilderness Stewardship in an Era of Rapid Change, (2010), 252.
12. Khalid, M. T. “Education Part I.” Carvan Book House, Lahore, (2004).
13. Mahmood, K., & Shafique, F. “Changing research scenario in Pakistan and demand for research qualified LIS professionals.” Library Review, (2010), 59.4, 291-303.
14. Marshall, J., & Reason, P. “Quality in research as taking an attitude of inquiry.” Management Research News, (2007), 30.5, 368-380.
15. Vilkinas, T. “An exploratory study of the supervision of Ph. D./research students’ theses.” Innovative Higher Education, (2008), 32.5, 297-311.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.